Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Distracted By Shiny.

Fruit necklace-1950's

I think of all the types of jewels I collect, the fruit necklaces and earrings are my faves. They are just so fun and lighthearted. This is my newest one. I love the red and white beads on it.
Want to see the rest of my collection? Sure you do.
Fruit necklaces.

Fruit earrings

The earrings have been altered for pierced ears- they would have been ,originally, clip ons. Fruit jewelry was popular in the 40's and 50's. A lot of it is Italian. The best pieces are glass and celluloid, but I'm happy to have the plastic stuff as well. I'm an equal opportunity hoarder.

And finally, the piece I would sell my cat for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've got some of these beads. And never figured out what to do with them. Gives me ideas! Of course I bought them because they were on sale, my favorite price.