Friday, February 6, 2009

I was tempted to kiss the postman.......

It's been a crapulous couple of months. And the weather here? Foul. And not getting any better by the looks of things. But hey, where would we be without our friends, right?
Today in the mail I got this, all the way from Canada.

Little Freak Yarn- 'Darling Dianne'

So pretty! Anyone wanting to get their own little skeins of gorgeousness, check out Jodi's website.

OK, I know you want to see some more.
Little Freak Yarn- 'Darling Dianne'

Little Freak Yarn- 'Darling Dianne'

And this is how it knits up
Little Freak Yarn- 'Darling Dianne'

It's fingering weight, so socks are the obvious choice for what to make. But what if there is something else? Something better, prettier, more happy making? obviously an extensive search for every fingering weight pattern in the known universe must be undertaken.
And, whats more, it must be undertaken right now.
I love how knitters, crocheters, etc all have their little yarn quirks. Some people like to wind into cakes, some balls, some knit right off the skein. Some people buy the yarn first and get a pattern to fit it, some the other way round. Some people buy any yarn that appeals to them and horde it away for later.
Me- the minute I buy yarn I want to do something with it. I just can't squirrel it away, or let it sit for a while. Something new has to be started immediately! Immediately, I tell you! But not before every suitable pattern has been pored over, and everyone else's projects have been closely scrutinized.
Heh. My house was so much cleaner before Ravelry.

No comments: