Thursday, February 26, 2009

Things I Learnt This Week.

1. Adversity can sometimes be useful as a learning tool. I hate admitting that. I'd much rather stamp my feet and complain loudly rather than go all wise and Yoda-like. Doesn't change the fact that omelettes are made of broken eggs. I consider my character to have been significantly improved this week, what with all the challenges and suchlike.

2.If an iron lasts 20 years, it is not worth more than a shrug and a sigh when you drop it and break it.

3.If a rather expensive digital camera that is only 3 months old suddenly ceases to work for no apparent reason, this really is annoying.

4.I'm a better knitter than I thought I was, but I can't show you because my bloody camera is broken.

5. When making mini quiches, put a tray under the muffin tray, so that if you fill them too full and they overflow, you wont have a blackened mess on the bottom of your oven. Sigh.

So, y'know, not a bad week, all up. It wasn't easy, but no-one I love died, and I have quiche for dinner.
That'll do me.

No comments: