Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lucky me.

Recently I was the lucky recipient of some Rav-love from the lovely jennantonnix, and the wonderful lucyvanp. Really, is there anything as exciting as the postman handing you a parcel from Deepest Darkest Elsewhere? Why yes! When the postman hands you two parcels, of course!!!

mod present
mod present

The first pic has all sorts of exciting foreign snacks, but that sagey-blue goodness you see? It's Knitpicks Gloss. It is destined to be a Prairie House Shawl. Its not so much a shawl, though as an elongated triangular scarf. I'm going to treat myself and start it this afternoon, as a matter of fact.
The second pic was two lovely skeins of Arucania yarn. The left one is Arucania Ranco multy, a fingering weight, and the other is Arucania Magallanes, a lovely thick and thin single ply. Not sure what I'm going to make from those yet.
mod present
This was from lucyvanp. Look at the pretty purple! That there's cashmere, don't you know. And whats the point of cashmere if you can't snuggle it, I ask? It will be a neckwarmer of some sort. Those little skeins next to it are Wollmeise- lovely little tastes of gorgeousnes that are being made into crocheted flowers (my current inexplicable and slightly embarrassing fad).
mod present
Perfect for my cup of tea!!

And just going back to jennantonnix's lovely gift, you can see in the front of the first pic a necklace. Bless her, knowing that I am a lover and collector of vintage jewelry, she sent me this.
Turquoise necklace
Mmmmm. Turquoisey goodness.
Thankyou both so much for these lovely things.

No comments: